Only Monday, and Spring Break seems to be sprinting. When the days are beautiful blue and breezy I find myself greedy for more... more fun, more laughter, more breath. Maybe it is because these past two days haven't been all about fun... there has been a lot of bedroom cleaning. A lot. And we aren't quite done... yet. But we have mixed our work with play... Laura with her friends, and Cam & I on our own. Finally, last night, done with his work weekend, Eric joined the Spring Break festivities, and we are four. Four, looking forward to the beach and the county fair (where, rumor has it, there may be some prize winning photography!) and whatever else might strike our fancy.
In the meantime... let me count the ways He scatters my life with gifts...
51. soft pastel beauty inside a rainbow cupcake
52. writing for someone else... and discovering it isn't easy. waffling between dressing myself up and just being plain old me. realizing that plain old me is just-right.
53. a love note text... just because
55. working with my husband.
56. racing around to complete the order and satisfy a customer.
57. a glance in the rear-view mirror showing the sun beginning to rise in all its rosy orange glory, and then the way it gave the rest of the world a pink-gold glow.
59. the splashes of a puddle across my ankles... and her voice saying it was a puddle. what else was i suppose to do? and then, the mother/daughter high five. pure goodness.
60. looking at his face and thinking that for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks, he looks better.
61. just the girls... three generations sharing a night out and enjoying the show. and third row seats don't hurt!
63. singing again... after being away.
64. the opportunity to pray for big stuff. like healing... of unknown illness and a broken heart.
65. expressing frustration, and still finding love on the other side.