April 07, 2011
Do you remember learning to count by fives?
And chanting them incessantly?
I remember loving it... and to this day, I can't count nickels without singing that rhythm.
Fiiiive, tehhhh-en, fif-teen, tweeen-ty....
I wasn't counting nickels today, but it popped into my mind anyway, and I thought I'd share some bits about me... in groups of five. Just for fun.
Five things in my purse...
5. Burts Bees Clove chapstick.
5. a very pretty crossword puzzle book... "easy."
5. AA batteries... in case my camera runs out!
5. my out-of-juice ipod.
5. two chocolate & green starlight mints that I never ate after a beautiful breakfast out with a friend.
Five words that conjure beauty in my mind...
Five silly things that are so... me
15. jumping in puddles.
15. really loud laughter.
15. ice cream earrings.
15. uncontainable excitement that has my feet leaving the floor.
15. dessert plates for every holiday & season.
Five lessons I have learned...
20. be yourself, and let your children be themselves.
20. when you finally gather the courage to stretch your box, you might find that it gives you the strength to stretch again.
20. laugh, cry, love... one at a time, or all at once.
20. friendships are precious, and time spent sharing your heart is time very well spent.
20. comfortable is good. necessary. a gift... and so very under-rated.
The picture doesn't have a thing to do with this post... but I thought it might ease the pain of the "counting-by-fives" song that will probably be stuck in your head all day!